Junior Full Stack Developer
Socious is an impact gig marketplace powered by blockchain and AI.
We started Socious in July 2021, so as an early employee you’ll be pivotal in shaping the direction of the company.
We communicate in English, and so no Japanese ability is required, though there will be opportunities to use Japanese if you’d like to.
You will be working with a team of talented people.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Work with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Skills & Experience
- A strong passion for social impact (previous experience with social impact organizations is an asset)
- Minimum 2 years of experience (or equivalent skills) in software development, especially with Typescript, Node.js, Next.js, React Native, Solidity, MySQL, AWS
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field is an asset
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Strong knowledge of blockchains is an asset
- Strong knowledge of concurrency and writing efficient and safe code
- You possess good communication skills
- Business-level English skills are required. Japanese skills are desirable.
What’s on offer
- Diverse, driven, and high-performing colleagues
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave (unlimited paid leave)
- Flexible work arrangements (full-time, part-time freelance, side-job, onsite, remote, etc.)
- A competitive salary package: USD 30k - 51k (4-7 million yen) per year + stock options
- Japan work visa sponsorship
How to apply
To apply, please download the Socious app and apply directly through the 'Projects' tab