Talent Acquisition Lead
Do you have a passion for social impact? If yes, Socious Inc. is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team. We are looking for an experienced talent acquisition expert who is curious, driven, and passionate about social impact. If you are looking for a role where you can make a major impact in the world, we want to meet you.
Socious is a community app for social change, powered by AI and blockchain. Many people are interested in contributing to social impact projects, but few of them can do so. We leverage this untapped potential by helping them contribute to society in an easy, fun way through a purpose-driven community app, AI recommendations, and blockchain-based community currency.
We started Socious in July 2021, so as an early employee you’ll be pivotal in shaping the direction of the company.
You’ll be able to work fully remotely, though we'll meet up in person several times per year, so we're looking for someone living in Japan. If you aren't here yet, that's fine: you’ll be able to work remotely until we help you secure a working visa.
We communicate in English, and so no Japanese ability is required, though there will be opportunities to use Japanese if you’d like to.
In this role, you’ll work closely with senior stakeholders to understand business goals and ensure that the talent acquisition strategy and implementation are aligned with these. As we grow, you’ll have the opportunity to move into a Chief Talent Officer role in the future.
- Investigate and determine employee needs
- Develop a sustainable talent acquisition and hiring plans and strategies
- Design, plan and execute employer branding activities
- Encourage employees to be brand ambassadors
- Plan employee referral programs
- Source and find candidates qualified for open positions
- Perform analysis of hiring needs and provide employee hiring forecast
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, etc.)
- Reviews employment applications and background check reports
- Find bottlenecks in the recruiting process
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations and workshops
- Plan procedures for improving the candidate experience
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention
- Use sourcing methods for hard-to-fill roles
- Attend career and college fairs, and similar events
- Determine HR and recruiting KPIs
- Create and present KPI reports
Skills & Experience
- A strong passion for social impact (previous experience with social impact organizations is an asset)
- 10 years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- In-depth knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques
- Familiarity with a variety of different selection methods (interviews, assignments, psychological test etc.)
- Hands on experience with posting jobs on social media and job boards
- Experience with HRIS, ATS, Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools
- Ability to motivate employees
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time- management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- MA in human resources, business administration or similar relevant field
- Strong knowledge of HR - related regulations
- Business-level English skills are required. Japanese skills are desirable.
What’s on offer
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave (unlimited paid leave)
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- Flexible work arrangements (full-time, part-time freelance, side-job, onsite, remote, etc.)
- A competitive salary package: 10-20 million yen (USD 87k - 175k) per year + stock options
- Japan work visa sponsorship
How to apply
To apply, please download the Socious app and apply directly through the 'Projects' tab
Please Note: This role is open to remote work outside Japan and also to remote work initially, with the aim of relocating to Japan post-Covid.