Do you have a passion for social impact? If yes, Socious Inc. is looking for somebody with your enthusiasm and skills to work as part of the team. We are looking for an experienced executive assistant who is curious, driven, and passionate about social impact. If you are looking for a role where you can make a major impact in the world, we want to meet you.
Socious is a community app for social change, powered by AI and blockchain. Many people are interested in contributing to social impact projects, but few of them can do so. We leverage this untapped potential by helping them contribute to society in an easy, fun way through a purpose-driven community app, AI recommendations, and blockchain-based community currency.
We started Socious in July 2021, so as an early employee you’ll be pivotal in shaping the direction of the company.
You’ll be able to work fully remotely, though we'll meet up in person several times per year, so we're looking for someone living in Japan. If you aren't here yet, that's fine: you’ll be able to work remotely until we help you secure a working visa.
In this role, you’ll work closely with executives to facilitate their work.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the executive’s behalf
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Managing information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate records
- Performing minor accounting duties
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data and produce reports and presentations
- Perform analysis and research
- Draft promotional materials
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders
- Help international staff members’ relocation and integration
- Managing the executive’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
- A strong passion for social impact (previous experience with social impact organizations is an asset)
- Superb written and verbal communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management is a plus
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects at once
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done; adaptable and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to keep company confidences
- Native level in both English and Japaense
What’s on offer
- Diverse, driven, and high-performing colleagues
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave (unlimited paid leave)
- Flexible work arrangements (full-time, part-time freelance, side-job, onsite, remote, etc.)
- A competitive salary package: 4-8 million yen (USD 35k - 70k) per year + stock options
- Japan work visa sponsorship
How to apply
To apply, please download the Socious app and apply directly through the 'Projects' tab
Please Note: This role is open to remote work outside Japan and also to remote work initially, with the aim of relocating to Japan post-Covid.